Friday, November 27, 2020

Plumbing Discount Mailer

 Wow!

I received a slick oversized postcard from a local heating company through the mail today.

"Tankless water heater: $400.00 off plus a free disposer!"

    Okay, let's look at that. A total of almost $1,000.00 discount, if they replace my really nice disposer and my tank-type warhorse of a water heater (as if...) with a high maintenance, energy and water-wasting tankless-type water heater.

    How much are they overcharging to begin with? If I gave that much back on any job, I'd be paying you.


"$200.00 off water heater replacement"

    Ya gotta wonder about the quality of the materials and the final price of the job. Water heaters are practically a break-even job for me, so discounting $200.00, I'd make more money not working.

    The postcard goes on and on, but you get the drift.


No comments: