Sunday, September 9, 2012

I’ve spent most of today updating the website to meet Google’s new (to me) specs. My SEO skills were very 2001, but they worked for 5 years, so all is good. My site was a real mess, too.

 Google’s trying very hard to make their Google Places/Google+ as efficient as possible, which means reworking the system. Not easy to do considering how many changes businesses go through. We moved twice in three years and had to change and deleted listings and websites.

 My organic results have been nuked. My website was a mess with dead links, old keywords and wrong page titles. If I hadn’t been with Google since Day One, they would have nuked me long ago. I cleaned up all the pages and even read the directions Google supplies. Whoa.

 So, my DIY webmaster and SEO skills are now as sharp as a spoon. I hope to be listed again soon.

No comments: